Halloween is the time for dressing up, candy, and a little bit of spookiness. And capturing that holiday should be just as fun as it is to participate in.
Wondering how to get the best photos of your kids in their Halloween costumes?
Here are 5 tips on how to photograph Halloween!
1. Do a test run – Do a dress rehearsal a few days before Halloween where everyone gets fully dressed in their costumes. The bonus of doing it a few days before Halloween?? You have your photos ahead of time and have them ready and waiting to post on social media and to send to family and friends on Halloween night. One less thing to stress over the day of!
2. Have someone shine a flashlight from off to one side of the child. – You don’t want to do this for all of your kids Halloween costume photos, just some of them. It will produce a unique lighting effect for your pictures. Better yet, experiment with different colors of light — red, blue, and green will make some really unique Halloween photos!
3. The biggest mistake people make is to shoot from too far back – You don’t always have to shoot from head-to-toe — especially since shoes are often the weakest part of a costume. Instead, get in close and fill the frame. Take some shots where you fill the frame with just the child’s head and shoulders. And take other shots at different angles filling the lens with the most unique parts of their costume.
4. It’s not all about the costumes – Remember that there’s lots of fun aspects to Halloween other than the costumes. If pumpkin carving is done in your home then it needs to be documented!
5. Include the pets – If your pet is willing (even if it’s just for a minute) to wear a bit of your child’s Halloween costume, take the opportunity for a fun photo!
A tasty treat that is easy to make and even more fun to eat!
- 3 c. kettle corn
- 2 c. pretzels
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 c. white chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 c. candy corn
- 1/2 c. yellow, orange, and chocolate M&M’s
- 2 tsp. Halloween-colored sprinkles or nonpareils
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, place a single layer of kettle corn. Mix in pretzels, making sure you have a single layer.
- Transfer melted chocolates to separate piping or Ziploc bags (with a corner snipped). Drizzle kettle corn and pretzels with melted semisweet chocolate, making sure to drizzle lines very close together (you want the majority of the mix to be covered in chocolate).
- Top with candy corn and M&M’s and drizzle with melted white chocolate. Top with sprinkles and freeze or refrigerate until chocolate is firm, 20 minutes.
- Break into pieces and serve
The kids can keep the candy—treat the grown-ups to a fiendishly good holiday drink.
Zombie Slime Shooters
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce peach schnapps
- 1 ounce sour apple schnapps
- 1 ounce coconut rum
- 1 ounce sweet and sour mix
For the blood slime rim –
Mix 3 tablespoons of corn syrup with 1/4 teaspoon of red food coloring. Dip the rim of each cocktail glass into the mixture, and slowly spin the glass to coat. Turn the glass upright and the and the blood will begin to drip!
October 28th 2017
9am-3:45pm (registration and fun starts at 8am)
Infusionsoft (Conference Center)
(near Chandler Mall 202 & 101)
1260 S Spectrum Blvd, Chandler, AZ 85286
The event where teen girls go to dream big and build bright futures. The Girls Rule! Foundation is calling all girls for a day of education, entertainment and empowerment. The Annual Shine Brightly Teens and Women Summit is designed specifically for teen girls and the moms (or women/guardian/mentee/aunt/Dad) who support them.
This summit is for girls who have big dreams!
And don’t miss the chance to win a FREE Teen Portrait Session with Stacey Fergelec Photography! I will be there photographing the event as well so come say hi!!
I will be giving away a photography session to one lucky girl and her best friend and/or sister attending the event! Must be present to win.
There are still tickets available if you and your daughter(s) would like to attend!
Saturday, November 5th, 9am – 1pm
Aviano Community Park
3975 E Lockwood Dr Phoenix, AZ 85050
Tickets for the event can me purchased here: https://www.jlp.org/?nd=tat
That’s all for now. Hope to see you at some of the events! Enjoy Halloween and be safe out there!